© 2018 | View desktop site



As your local Agent we strive for excellence and to do so we have brought together some of Perth's finest Real Estate Professionals to create a Team focussing on providing you the best possible experience in Real Estate Sales, Property Management and Strata Management.

Paul Holdsworth


p: 0407 081 050


Ita Buckley

Property Manager

p: 0433 169 206


Emily Exton

Property Manager

p: 0433 169 205


Patricia Cross

Accounts Manager

p: (08) 9344 1270


© 2018 | View desktop site




Step 1 - Make the Decision

Unsure whether to sell your property? The best thing you can do is to speak with an experienced real estate agent. Share your plans, goals and the reasons why you want to sell. A good agent will advise you accordingly, with the ultimate decision being yours.

Step 2 - Research the current market conditions

It is important to obtain an idea on how and where to market your property. Additionally you want to find out what your property is worth. The best research an owner can do is to search the main advertising engines such as realestate.com.au, domain.com.au and agents' personal sites. Browse through some local listings to get an idea of where your property will sit amongst its competition.

The listing price is crucial in the marketing of your property. An overpriced property will do more harm than good, and a price that is too low will only help the astute bargain hunter - a good agent will not sell to bargain hunters.

Step 3 - Contact Holdsworth Real Estate

We have over 60 years of combined experience in listing and selling consistently throughout the Yokine area. You will find us to be approachable, knowledgeable and willing to work hard to help you achieve your goals and desired end result. We pride ourselves on making your Real Estate experience a pleasurable one.

Call Us Email Us

Step 4 - Let us get the best price for your property

We continue to spend time and resources on training and improving our knowledge and skills to help you achieve the highest price possible. We are self-motivated and focused whole heartedly on achieving the best result for you

© 2018 | View desktop site


Property Management


Thank you for considering Holdsworth Real Estate to manage your investment property.

It can be a busy and confusing time when leasing out your property. To help you through this process we've compiled this list of frequently asked questions.

Lara Smith is our experienced and professional Property Manager. Over the last 15 years, property management has afforded Lara the opportunity to extend her capabilities and excellent personal service to all of her clients, and she enjoys the daily challenges presented to her in her chosen field.

Call Lara Email Lara

© 2018 | View desktop site




The team at Holdsworth Real Estate value our tenants, past, current and future.

Below are some handy tips, guides and forms to ensure your queries are answered as efficiently as possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Call or Email us and our friendly team will get back to you.

I want to get a dog, is that OK?

Maybe. Before keeping any pets on the premises, it is important that you request permission, and that this permission is approved. Please make your request in writing to your Property Manager. They will then seek permission from the owner. If permission is granted, you will be advised in writing, and a Pet Bond of $100 must be paid by you, which will be lodged along with your Security Bond. Annexure A of your Lease outlines your responsibilities when keeping a pet at a rental property.

I can't make it into the office, how can I pay my rent?

Holdsworth Real Estate offers BPay facilities, so that you can pay your rent from the comfort of your home. BPay allows payments to be scheduled up to 90 days in advance! Your Property Manager will provide you with your personalised BPay details when you sign your lease.

I've moved in and now I want a few things changed, like some new paint in one of the bedrooms, and a hole in the carpet repaired. Can I demand these repairs are carried out by the landlord?

At the time of lodging your Application for Tenancy, you have the opportunity to make these requests. If the requests are of a superficial or decorative nature, the landlord may or may not agree to attend to this work out at their discretion.
Remember though, when you lease a property you are taking it "as is". The landlord is under no obligation to carry out non-essential refurbishment or repairs just because you'd like them to.

Can I repaint the walls?

Please seek permission, in writing, stating the specific nature of any refurbishment you wish to make, and we will contact the landlord for their approval. The landlord may accept or decline your request.

Who is responsible for making sure my belongings are insured?

You are.
The landlord will insure the property and their own contents, such as fixtures and fittings, but is not responsible for insuring your personal contents.
Please secure your own insurance policy.
Useful information on tenant insurance cover can be found at http://www.ebminsurance.com.au/personal-and-landlord-insurance/tenant-cover.php

I locked myself out - can you come and let me in?

During business hours, you may collect a spare key from our office and return it the same day.
Your Property Manager is not responsible for bringing keys to you.
After hours, please contact a locksmith to access your property, at your expense. If the locks need to be changed, please provide replacement keys to our office on the next business day.

Emergency repairs after hours

Help! I have no hot water and it's the weekend!
Please refer to your Information for Tenants handout for what constitutes an emergency repair.
Please advise your Property Manager of any non-emergency repairs on the next business day, and within 72 hours of the maintenance arising.
If the maintenance is of an urgent nature, please call the duty Property Manager on xxxxxxxx and give detailed description of the maintenance. Your Property Manager will attend to the maintenance as soon as is practicable.
Examples of Urgent Maintenance include:

  • Blocked toilet if there is only one toilet in the premises
  • No Electricity
  • Fire / Flooding
Examples of Non-Urgent Maintenance include
  • Stove/Oven not working
  • Any general repair
  • Hot water fluctuating in temperature
  • Reticulation not working
  • Leaking taps
  • Pest control

How do I terminate my tenancy?

If your lease has expired, you can give no less than 21 days written notice to vacate the property.
If your lease is still current, you can make a request to "break" the lease. Again, advise your Property Manager in writing, and they will in turn advise you of the costs associated with breaking your lease, and the process of re-letting the home. You can also find this information on your Lease Agreement.

The property I am renting is for sale. How much notice should I be given for prospective buyers wishing to look through the property?

The Residential Tenancies Act suggests that the Landlord or Agent may enter the property, for the purpose of showing the premises to prospective purchasers, at any reasonable hour and on a reasonable number of occasions, after giving the tenant reasonable notice.

How often can the Property Manager carry out routine inspections?

Normally the first routine inspection would be carried out after the first six to eight weeks, and thereafter on a quarterly basis.
You will be given 7 to 14 days' written notice of the intended inspection.

I have a periodic lease and the house has been sold, how much notice does the Owner/Property Manager have to give me?

Unless you have discussed and consented to alternative arrangements with your Landlord/Property Manager you are to be given written notice to move not less than 30 days.

What happens if I do not pay the agreed rent?

A basic obligation of a Tenant is to pay the rent. If the rent is not paid by the agreed date, then the Property Manager, on behalf of the Landlord, will seek to end the tenancy.
The tenancy may be ended through two alternatives:
Firstly, not less than one day after the rent should have been paid; the Property Manager/Landlord may issue a Breach Notice or Non Payment of Rent. This notice requires the tenant to pay all outstanding rent within 14 days.
If the rent remains unpaid, the Property Manager/Landlord may issue a Notice of Termination for Non Payment of Rent. This notice seeks to terminate the tenancy agreement and requires the tenant to leave the property within seven days.
Secondly, not less than one day after the rent should have been paid; the owner may issue a Notice of Termination for Non-Payment of Rent. The notice warns the tenant that unless the outstanding rent is paid within the next 7 days, the Property Manager/Landlord may apply to the court for an order to terminate the tenancy agreement.

What does it mean to be jointly and severally liable for payment of rent?

A lease will specify who the two parties signing the contract are. If several tenants sign a lease together they may be jointly and severally responsible for the fulfilment of all terms.
This means that if one of the tenants leaves early or fails to pay his or her share of the rent, the landlord can pursue any one of the tenants for the entire rent.

© 2018 | View desktop site


Contact Us


Locate Us

100 Wanneroo Road,
Yokine, WA 6060
Get Directions

Contact Us

© 2018 | View desktop site